We know every call and chat to your business is important. To make sure you don't miss anything while using the Talkify mobile app, you will need to enable notifications and grant permissions for Talkify to be fully functional.
Be sure to select the "Allow" or "OK" option for each message that asks for your permission. If you select the "Don’t Allow" or "Deny" option for any of these messages, you will not be able to use the associated feature(s).
The following list describes each type of permission and the associated feature(s):
- Notifications (iPhone only) - Allows the app to display notifications when you receive calls and chats.
- Contacts (iPhone and Android) - Allows the app to access (sync) the personal contacts you have saved on your mobile phone to communicate with these contacts from the app.
- Microphone/Record Audio (iPhone and Android) - Allows the app to record your voice for use during a phone call.
- Phone Calls (Android only) - Allows the app to manage phone calls and call history.
- Run in the Background (Android only) - Allows the app to run in the background and stop optimizing battery usage. The app must be open or running in the background to receive calls and chats.
- Photos (iPhone and Android) - Allows access to your phone’s stored images to update your avatar or include in a chat.
- Camera/Take Pictures (iPhone and Android) - Allows access to your phone’s camera to take a picture to update your avatar or include in a chat.
To change your permissions, open the “Settings” on your mobile phone and use the following guidelines. The exact steps will be different depending on the OS/iOS version of your phone.
- iPhone users – Open Settings, find the list of apps installed on your phone, tap Talkify, and change the access setting for the desired feature(s).
- Android users- Open Settings or tap the gear icon, tap Apps or Application Manager, tap Talkify, tap Permissions, and change the access setting for the desired feature(s).
Badge Notification Number
This feature displays a number over the Talkify app icon on the home screen of your phone to indicate the total of your missed calls plus unread chat messages. To enable this feature, do the following for your type of mobile phone:
- For Android phones, go to Settings > Notifications, enable the "App icon badges" setting, and select the "Show with number" option. (The "App icon badges" setting is enabled for all apps, but you can disable it for an individual app by selecting that app in Notifications.)
- For iPhones, go to Settings > Notifications, select Talkify and enable the "Badges" setting.
Incoming calls generate different on-screen notifications depending on a variety of scenarios for your Talkify app and your mobile phone.
Incoming chats generate different on-screen notifications depending on a variety of scenarios for your Talkify app and your mobile phone.